Friday, December 4, 2009

Heidi and Me, our Journey Continues

A Beautiful Heidi Jade

Enjoying the Sun

Heidi Stalking a Grass Hopper

Heidi Waiting for a Walk
Beautiful Heidi
Last night Heidi got her first dose of winter. She remained outside until 9 p.m. but was ready to go to her cabin. After we ate our peanut butter mini sandwiches, she yawned and laid down on her bed, curled up and went to sleep. I covered her up from head to toe and she snuggled deeper into the blanket. The wind rattled around outside, but it was quite comfortable inside the cabin. At that time is was 25 degrees above zero, but would drop to around 8 degrees above zero. I remained with her for about an hour, but during that time she had one of nightmares and awakened and cowered against the wall. But I soon had her calmed down and gave her another treat of cheese and she laid down again. This morning she was up and ready for another day. I wish somehow I could find out what it is that troubles her now and then. There are days when she seems to be frightened of me. She is going to be alright for I can see it in her eyes. I guess eventually most of her past will fade from her memory. She loves to play with a basketball we bought her and digs little holes in the yard. She likes our walks together. She does not like for me to wear my glasses and I take them off in the evening when we are together in the cabin. She does still tear holes in her blanket once in a while, but that is alright. Adios

No comments: