Thursday, June 10, 2010

Queen Ann and the Secret Garden

The Guardians of the Secret Garden and the Wee People who live there

I brought this home a couple of years ago.

The butterflys love it.

Queen Ann

The secret of my garden will remain with me. It is not a neat place, but need not be. Over the last few years I have found wild flowers that appeal to me and planted them in the garden and to me at least it is ammazing how much more beautiful a wild plant can be if left alone to grow and mature. In the garden are Blackeyed Susans, Indian paint brush, Daisies and many others. Last year I brought a start of Queen Anns Lace to the garden and forgot about doing that. This year it came up and in all the years I have admired the plant did not know how beautiful it can be. The plant is considered trash and like the dandilion is for the most part mowed from pastures and lawns. But the Queen is here now in the secret garden to reign surpreme. Adios.

No comments: