Saturday, January 19, 2013

Tried and True

Both items,the old Enfield revolver and knife are my companions tried and true.
The Stetson hat I am wearing dates back to the 1890s, a fitting cover for an old man's head, tried and true. Many years ago when I was a young lad, my two brothers and I were discussing how long each of us would live. They, my two brothers decided I would be the first to go. They gave several reasons how I would die, one being thrown from a horse or drug off into the woods by a stray dog.They of course were wrong and sadly they are no longer here. There is quite a rumbling these days over guns. Much of it is a way to address the last mass shooting. I have owned guns most of life and enjoy shooting them. I don't hunt anymore, I don't need to,and so targets are used. My reason for owning guns first of all I have the right and do not fear a backround check on my behavior. Most important at least to me is to enforce the laws and keep or try to keep guns out of the hands of people who are not legal. Take the guns away from people like that and protect law-abidding citizens. Guns are not evil, nor are knives, clubs bow and arrows etc. If not for guns in part, we would not be free today. The law is our most important tool to use to insure honest folks they will hold on to the right to bear arms. these laws should not be questioned for they are tried and true. Adios

No comments: