Thursday, August 13, 2009

Miss Heidi

Heidi playing with one of her toys

It has been well over a month since Miss Heidi came to live with us and she is slowly, so very slowly learning that we care for her. She has a secret place in the fenced in yard around the house, (her hideout) and is where she spends a lot of each day now that she is untethered most of the time. I think that is where she keeps her bones and a few of the toys we gave her. In someways she is becoming a puppy again, but sadly at least for me she is still very wild and untrusting with us. We keep her in a large cage at night for that is where she wants to be. I take her walking two or three times a day along the road past the house and I think this is helping to calm her down. She crys when I leave the yard and that I believe is a good sign that sometime she will come to me with a lot of coaxing. She sits when I tell her to and offers her right paw for me to shake. But there are times when she is very fearful and runs to her hideout to hide. Heidi is becoming more beautiful with each passing day. Adios.

1 comment:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

She is becoming more beautiful. Her hair even looks more healthy. It warms my heart to see her loving her toy. A little lovin and a lot of patience is doing her a load of good. Seems like she wants to do it her way, and in her time. YEAH!