Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Heidi's Remarkable Journey Continues

Beautiful Heidi Jade

Heidi’s Remarkable Journey Continues
The last few months have been without exception miraculous to say the least for Heidi. She and I have become very close. She is content at last. This is not to say she doesn’t have memories that haunt her. She runs at the sound of a loud noise and is fearful of strangers, but at least she now barks at them. As of the time of this update she allows no one to pet her except me. Each night after she enters her cabin, I go inside with her and share a peanut butter treat with her and afterwards I lie down next to her and brush or pet her and soon she sleeps secure inside her house. She has a bed of blankets, foam rubber and other assorted covers and she sinks down warm and dry. She usually awakens after a short time and finishes her regular food and proceeds to groom my arms and a portion of my face. Now and then she peeks out of a window, unafraid of the night sounds. I have provided an electric light for us during my visit. Heidi loves to walk along the road and occasionally finds a grub to eat. She plays with her toys, digs in the yard and sets and watches me when I leave the yard. Time will heal her mental wounds of this I am certain and someday she will go to my wife. But for now I am delighted she has a home, a house and place to play and most important people who love her. Heidi, is a gentle soul and grows more beautiful each day. Heidi is content, you can see it in her eyes. Each day brings new discoveries to her and she learns from them. Adios.

1 comment:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

and I am hoping comes to me someday too.