Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter's Wrath

Round One

Round One

I was hoping that by February, winter would ease up a bit, but of course I was wrong. I was also bitten by a virus of some exotic strain, ( probably common) and with it chewing on me and facing mandatory work outside to at least shovel paths, clear driveways and other essential chores and shovel fifteen inches of snow off one roof. I had little time to rest. Gates refused to shut, steps froze over and the temperature dropped below zero several nights and we left the water dripping from every faucet in the house but the commode froze, but fortunately we had water stored. There were times when I could hardly walk to the barn, breathing was difficult and I had little appetite. I do believe I had walking pneumonia, (ain’t kidding), but by the time I figured it out it was too late to go see a doctor or so I reckoned. I of course abandoned my blog and e-mail. I am feeling much better now. The sun is shining and the temperature is supposed to be in the fifties and sixties by this week end. I am still tracking and gratefully so. It may seem like I am whining, but I am not. It may be quite sometime before all the snow has melted and forced into the rivers and streams and then spring will be waiting to usher this nasty winter out of the picture. Adios

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog