Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Invasion

My old neighbor is a fugitive for the next several days.



I hope he makes it







Not a safe place to be on McKee Ridge for deer gun season






A couple of mornings ago I was rudely reminded that gun seasons for deer was in progess. Five rapid gunshots rang out shattering the peaceful morning. I have nothing against the hunting of deer, for with out it the deer would become much too abundant. I was once a deer hunter, keeping in mind the safety aspect of it. Do not hunt in someones back yard or trespass. Shoot only when a deer is well within range and the list of do's and don't go on. Those five shots came from the same gun, and I qoute, "bang, bang, bang, bang, bang." unquote. The deer must have running through the brush. Where were the bullets going? In this country, with few exceptions, fifty yards is about max and in my opinion never shoot at a running deer. If you are a hunter, then stalk the deer, make one shot suffice. During my hunting years I hunted game for the table and did not care a hoot and hollor about the the antlers. You can't eat them. Bragging rights is all you get out of them and that ain't much if you have to shoot five times. It is not a war out there. I stopped hunting years ago because of too many people stomping through the woods carrying weapons that were powerful enough to bring down a bull elephant. I was brought up to make the first shot count and bring down the deer, dead when it hit the ground. I only used singe shot weapons. Adios

No comments: