Monday, February 20, 2012

It has been a beautiful day here in Windyville and I have been outside most of the morning. Above is my latest painting  and is of the Windyville store and how it may have appeared in 1935. Much has changed since then and no longer is it a thriving business, but rather a private home. Across the road from the store I placed a barber shop, which no longer exists and behind the store stands the canning factory and still remains. The other building is another store and it is standing at present, but in dire need of repair. I enjoyed creating the painting. It is my way of looking back. Adios.

2 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Wow, that may be my favorite of all time. So beautiful and makes me wish I could go back for a day and see it for real. But the next best thing is to live it through your painting.

Anonymous said...

I love this painting! I'm the person that was there with my aunt last summer. It was such a pleasure meeting you! You helped us find Brice (Bennett Spring). Thank you again!