Thursday, September 17, 2009

On The Road With Heidi

Heidi relaxing after our walk

Heidi and me on the road


Heidi wreck my smily lamp

Looking out the door of Heidi's cabin

Looking out the front two windows of Heidi's cabin

On the Road with Heidi

Heidi is doing very good, slowly losing her anxieties and fear of people. She is accepting petting, although it still makes her a bit nervous at times. She loves to play in the yard as long as no one is watching and has a variety of playthings, including socks she stole from me. She buries bones and we can’t find them. I bought two stick up battery lights and put on in her house to light it up when needed, way out of her reach, or so I thought. The next morning I looked in and she picked up the light to proudly show me. It was chewed and mangled beyond repair. I did not scold her and sat down with her and laughed. She loves to walk with my wife and me each morning and evening, but is on a long leash. She stops now when I ask her to and sits. She still won’t come directly to me, but I am patient. She still does not bark and is very reserved with her affection. But each day brings her forward and soon she will be alright. Adios.

No comments: