Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rainbow at Dawn


Rainbow at Dawn


Many times over the years I have stood watching a storm gathering overhead, rumbling deep within and below at its base lightening flashed to slowly descend on the land. Nealy always fear of the unknown stirs within in me. It is a fear that is as nessary as the breath of life. I have stood at the threshold of death and felt the coldness of it around me. Yet each time I became aware of an intense disire to live on and with fear at my side I fought to survive and won for a time. I would rather walk through a field of flowers, not to leave a trail or pick one bloom for fear that I would change a wonderful creation. I would rather sit on the back steps with my hound drinking a cup of coffee than be in a crowd drinking wine, for fear of missing something as beautiful as a rainbow at dawn.Adios

1 comment:

Journaling Woman(aka daughter 1) said...

I love rainbows and always look for them after a rain. Maybe I am like that in life too.