Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To Heidi's Friends and Family, one year

Heidi One Year Ago Today

One Year Later

Beautiful Heidi

Haunted by Her Past Less and Less

Safe At Last To dream

A Celebration of Life For Miss Heidi Jade

Today marks one year since Heidi came to us, snatched from certain death only hours away. She had known nothing but abuse in her young life and expected nothing less from me. She cringed in fear at my touch, coward at my voice and was in extremely ill health and I feared the worst for her. But when we got her home with us, through the yard gate one year ago today, she began the first day of her life and although she may not have realized it at the time, a wonderful healing process slowly began. I built her a cabin, large enough for her and me and for a time she was fearful of it and would not go into it out of the rain, but gentle coaxing finally brought her to it and only this sunner has she used it without being told to do so. Just within the last few months has she begun trusting me completely and is a devoted and loving friend. (She is not a pet.) We still share penut butter sandwhiches, go for walks and often now she plays in the yard with me. I am deeply humbled by her trust and devotion. All is well with Heidi. Adios

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Heidi. Sounds like you have both found a true friend. She has transformed into a beauty with your care. May you have many more journeys together