Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Journey of 1999Rq36

"Hey, I'm Just Wondering"

Beyond the Moon is the Awesome Power of the Universe



A Reminder of One of Many catastrophe Events

According to what I have learned via new releases sometime between 2100 and 2200 an asteroid will pass very close to Earth or impact it. If I am correct I believe we have a one in one thousand chance of it making contact with our planet. If it is to be diverted it must be attempted on or before 2080. The chance that it will hit Earth is remote I understand. But of course all who may read this are in no danger, and a couple of generations or so beyond. The size of the asteroid if allowed to impact the earth would be devastating to say the least.
I have as others have viewed such scenarios in movies and just about every time the Statue of Liberty and Eiffel Tower along with other well known landmarks are brought done. I realize such occurrences are dramatic but why pick on them. Usually a hero or heroine saves the day and while most of human kind is destroyed a few select beautiful people start over.
I imagine as time grows closer to this expected event there will be much prophecies take root and many will resign them-selves to the ultimate end of time as we know it. But with an ever increasing arsenal of technologies and ever increasing intellect of humans there will be a calculated attempt at diverting the Asteroid. This true life scenario will play out with no scripted ending. However I am confident that man will find a way to avert this potential threat to our tiny blue planet.
It is of course a sure thing I won’t be here to see or experience this anticipated event, but perhaps one of my descendants of my mindset and sense of great adventure will be watching the sky to witness this natural phenomenon for better or worse. Adios

No comments: