Tuesday, July 24, 2012









My second painting of a buzzard


38 cal. Enfield (British) revolver, aprox. 80 to 90 years old.

The fist and last melon from my garden

It has been a month to the present since we have had rain. 100 degree is the about the norm and wildlife is suffering. Much of it has moved out of the area, to the river I presume. The grass has turned brown and a few of the trees and scrubs have either died or gave up their leaves to survive. Yet for all the devastation, I noticed  this morning near the ground a hollyhock is blooming. I have seen worse, but the drought is fast appraoching critical. Fire danger is not if it will occur but when, and it will spread rapidly even across a near barren field. I keep in mind that each passing day will bring us closer to rain.  I suppose I should try to do a rain dance. The photo of the small melon is the only one from my garden and the vine has perished in the drought. The painting is my second attempt at depicting a buzzard. The photo is of a Enfield revolver. Fifty years ago, in need of money I sold it for fifteen dallors. I ask the present owner of the gun if he would sell it back to me of which he agreed. The old weapon is now once again in my possession. The man who prevously owned it said the gun was stolen once, but he manged to get it back The pistol was dropped in a pound while frog season was open and remained there for several days, but upon recovery of the gun, it was hosed off, laid up to dry and reloaded. Many years ago the Enfield was the first weapon I used to begin my fast draw. It has colorful past and hopefully will remain with me. Adios.

No comments: