Friday, September 7, 2012


Niangua River snow scene

A Painting of the barm where I grew up

Hot and I mean hot  dry weather has kept me inside for the most part. We are now recieving some rain and hopefully much more. A storm  blew through here yesterday with strong winds that tried to be severe, but no rain. I am looking forward to cooler and a bit of cold weather. The Celtic Festival will be tommorrow and we are attending it. Lots of Scotsman and Irish will be there in full dress. There might be an Englishmen
or two, I know of at least one who will walk proudly past the Irish and Scotts. It will be a nice gathering for folks. I have been writing a lot these past days and painting. Two paintings are posted. My next posting will contain a story, in honor of a man I used to know. He was a hound dog man. He loved hounds, especially Black and Tans. There is nothing better than sitting on a moonlit hill listening to Black and Tans running a fox. No one gets hurt, just a pastime for the hounds and a wiley fox. Adios

1 comment:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Beautiful paintings.

I too have always had a special place in my heart for hound dogs. I don't know why either.