Saturday, May 29, 2010

Heidi

A beautiful Heidi Jade

A princess



A camera you say?

Squinting at a squirrel

A secret place

Two large screened windows provide cool breezes for Heidi and a cricket she shares the house with.

Heidis wading pool, much larger than shows in photo

Heidi continues to blossom more beautiful than ever. She is very formal and polite. I asked her the other day while sitting with her on the lawn why she didn't show affection when out in public and she looked at me as if she understood the question and gave me a very sutle lick on the face. I then ask her what would be wrong with shaking hands when out side and she lifted her right paw for me to shake. I am convinced she understands much of what I say to her, but she does have her principals. She is very leery of strangers and is quick to bark. She is extremely fearful of people, almost everyone who gets too close and does not like sudden movements. But for the most part she is content and is at ease in the yard and her house is very important to her and wants to be inside the building at night. Storms frighten her and I make sure she is inside her home when one occurs and I often stay with her for awhile. She has her squirrels and birds to watch, and many well chewed toys but has chased all the moles away. She crys when I leave and that makes me sad. She follows my every move when I am outside and does not like it when I am using the riding mower. Heidi is indeed a princess. I am so thankful that my wife and I rescued her from the place that was very soon going to to put her down. I believe many of the memories she brought with her are becoming dimmer by the day. Heidi is proud and a loyal friend. If only everyone could or would understand and respect all living creatures. Adios.

1 comment:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

She is indeed blossoming and trusting the ones she has come to love.