Friday, January 22, 2010

Life Along the Dousinberry

Published Books 1 2 3

Front Cover Painting for

Life Along the Dousinberry



Ronnie Shannon in

Life Along the Dousinberry

I wandered off for a few days to put the final touch on my fourth book to be sent off to the printer next Wednesday. Perhaps, or so I have been told it is a story comparable to Penrod and Sam by Booth Tarkington. I cannot say, however, it is a story of two boys growing up in the country during the troubling years of the 1940’s. The book depicts much of the life of rural people during that era and of course the many adventures two lads of this category would get involved in. Their antics are often foolish, hilarious, and sad and down right dangerous. I suppose it could be comparable to my youth on the Dousinberry Creek.
I am anxious to see it in print and to begin to send it out to the many that have reserved it. It will be a signed, dated first edition. This book will be my last for awhile. I am working on other stories, but they are not any where near completion. Adios.